Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Importance Of (Kinky) Community

I've taken up an offer of ownership by a dom in the past month or so.  I thought for a really long time before I accepted, but what I thought about might be a different blog post.  Not this post, try again later.

Anyway, I've come to really accept the importance of community.  Earlier this week, I was having some doubts about my d/s relationship and I talked to three or four people in my kinky network.  Not so much looking for advice, but just looking for a safe place to ramble.

And this got me thinking about the importance of community.  Community creates a sort of transparency I think.  The same thing that enabled me to ramble through my issues enables doms to ramble through their issues.  It creates a safety net of sorts.  One that helps catch subpar doms, and subs that aren't committed.   It's a safety net I wouldn't want to live without.  

If you're kinky and don't have a place to ramble about your kinky related issues, dear god find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment