Tuesday, April 10, 2012

BDSM, Feminism, and Enthusiastic Consent.

Enthusiastic consent is the radical idea that you're only sleeping with people who really want to sleep with you.  Click the link for more information.

I am an owned kinky subby, and I've struggled with where my feminist beliefs fit into that. I mean, I let a man tell me what to do with my body and I'm happy about it.  Isn't that sort of the opposite of what a feminist is?

As as sub, I don't love or even enjoy everything Mr. Dom Man tells me to do.  I do what he tells me to do because I want to please him.  I enthusiastically consent to be his sub and he consents to allow me to be his sub, because at the end of the day we're both abundantly pleased with how things shake out.  He pushes me( and I push him too), and I rise to the occasion, because that's what this sub does.  Sometimes I'm anxious about the things he has me do, but I know that he'd never ever hurt me because he only wants the best for me and I explicitly and implicitly trust him.

There isn't anything anti-feminist about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment