Saturday, April 7, 2012

Here is to you.

Here is to you.  Allow me to raise a glass to your honor today.

She made the best grilled cheese sandwiches.  She always had the prettiest garden in the neighborhood.  She had a faith that could move mountains.  She was a world class cook.  She gave the best presents.  Her house was always kid friendly.  Her grandchildren were her entire life.

She had the love of a lifetime with my grandfather. I can only hope that one day I find someone that loves me like he loved her.  He thought she was most beautiful woman in the world.

She's been gone a year and I miss her every single day.  I hope that I'm making her proud, and I hope she isn't looking down at my grimacing cause I'm kinky.  I want to honor her memory and remember the lessons her and my grandfather taught me.  Most of all I want to pay it forward, because that's all my grandparents would have wanted of their grandchildren.  To pay it forward.  They were the best grandparents on the planet and with gods grace, I'll get to be part of the the second most awesome grandparents on the face of the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment