Thursday, April 12, 2012

What She Doesn't Have For Sale.

Click me for the article "What she doesn't have for sale" By Doug Wilson(my current target, if you haven't figured that out.)


"Quantity is not the only thing that matters. Traffic is not the only thing that matters. Sexual decorum is one of the foundational building blocks of Christian culture, and I would divide this decorum into three basic categories: authority, reciprocity, and modesty. Authority means headship and submission in each appropriate sphere, reciprocity means one man/one woman, and modesty means that a lady doesn't advertise what she doesn't have for sale."  


I could totally ramble for about 8 pages about the commodity model of sex and how this is a perfect example, but I'm not going to.  Instead I'm going to question what if she does advertise what she doesn't have for sale?  Cause I've done that. What are you going to do?  Stare at her like she's a piece of meat?  Stare at her with judgement radiating from your eyes?   Rape or sexually assault her?  


Newsflash: She's still a person no matter what she's wearing or promising.  She is still worth respecting and she isn't worth you if you found yourself agreeing with what Doug Wilson had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment